HELICSwin is a software programme developed to support manual entry, analysis & and import of data collected according to the HELICS protocols in the hospitals of HELICS-associated networks. Using this software, nosocomial infection data collected using the surveillances protocols for "Nosocomial Infections in Intensive Care Units" and "Surgical Site Infections" can be encoded.
HELICSwin contains following functions:
- Input of patient- and surveillance data according to the surveillance protocols mentioned above.
- Export of anonymized surveillance data for send up to the organizing network.
- Data analysis
Please note that once the data has been collected at the level of the hospital using HELICSwin, the software does not include the management of data at the level of the surveillance network (i.e. management of data collected from the participating hospitals).
The software has been developed in Microsoft® Access® 2000. The HELICSwin V1 Manual (see below) includes minimal requirements for installation of the system, installation procedures and operating instructions.
Any hospital from a HELICS-associated network. It is expected that the software will be of most interest to hospitals in those surveillance networks who are in the process of setting up surveillance activities.
- Contact the HELICS Collaborating Centre in Brussels (NSIH) - see below - firstname.lastname@example.org (responsible for the development of the HELICSwin software).
- You will be provided with a username and password for access to the HELICSwin page on the NSIH website, where the HELICSwin database and manual can be downloaded.
- Go to the HELICSwin page https://www.iph.fgov.be/nsih/helics on the NSIH website and follow the instructions there for downloading.
Please contact the addresses below in case of questions, suggestions or problems regarding HELICSwin:
HELICS Collaborating Centre (HELICSwin Software Development)
National Surveillance for Hospital Infections (NSIH)
Scientific Insititute of Public Health
Rue Juliette Wytsmanstraat, 14
B 1050 Brussels - BELGIUM
Phone +32 2 642 57 22
Fax +32 2 642 54 10
HELICS Coordinating Centre (Data Management)
Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1
Laboratoire d'épidémiologie et de Santé publique
8, avenue Rockefeller
69373 LYON Cedex 08 - FRANCE
Phone +33 4 78 77 75 99
Fax +33 4 78 00 93 86